21.1.11

Weekend at a restaurant

jan 16 003

Last weekend, my bestie Hannah had a layover in Calgary on her way home so I picked her up showed her a couple views of the Calgary skyline, and took her to Kane's Diner. I've been meaning to come back here for years, and just never had. The first and only other time I've been was back in Grade 12 - we had super long spares and came here once and I loved it! So I was hoping it wouldn't disappoint after all those years. And it didn't! It was everything you would hope for in a diner. And the burgers were excellent. I was super excited to see Hannah and also to eat my onion rings - my face is so happy in this picture!

jan 16 004

jan 16 002

Then on Sunday, I went in to Canmore and Banff with my family and we went to the French Quarter Cafe. I've been here before and I seem to remember liking my food, but I sadly did not enjoy this meal! It was my fault though - I thought I was order catfish and it was actually crawfish. Big difference apparently! This was the Crawfish Etoufee and it was just sooo fishy. But everyone's meals were fantastic!! So I need to go back and get something else.

jan 16 005


jan 16 014
Then we went for a walk in the snow. We had such beautiful weather that day in Banff, but there was still tons of snow. Perfect day to walk in a winter wonderland. We had a bit of snowfight at the end of the walk too!


jan 16 018
Then we went to one of my fave spots - the Banff Springs Hotel. I've blogged about it before.
jan 16 029

I got a bit of water on my camera - don't mind the blur. Then we went to one of my fave spots - the Banff Springs Hotel. I've blogged about it before here.

No comments: