4.1.11

East vs West

In 2010, I was so fortunate to be able to go to not one but TWO coasts in ONE year. Actually, I don't think I've ever done that before... ok, that's probably a lie. But to have them BOTH be trips I took on my own - well that's definitely a first.

So, this post has been a long time coming actually. Back in September, I saw this post  with a bunch of pictures of both the east and west coast. Because at that point I knew I was going to be going to both coasts I saved this and planned on doing my version. This is that version!!

These pictures are diptychs of LA vs New York. I didn't have anything in mind when taking these pictures (like which ones I would pair them with) I just put them together after both trips. So there's no overthinking here but I hope you enjoy!

(In all except the obvious one - LA (west) is on the top or left and NYC (east) is on the bottom or right.)















It is one of my favorite things in the world to experience different cultures. And try to learn as much about them as I can and what makes them unique. Of course, I bring my own worldview into it and everything is pretty much compared to my childhood experience as a starting point. I've been having a few conversations recently about different cities and their cultures. One that has come up often is Montreal so I'm thinking I need to go see for myself sometime! 

Do you think you are able to pinpoint the culture of a city? How about your own city?

3 comments:

Ian Elford said...

That was very, very cool.

Jana said...

Fab post!

Allison Kaye said...

Pretty pictures!
-Allison Kaye
www.craftedlove.com