25.5.10

Stripes at the Glenbow

Here in Canada, we had a holiday on Monday so, = Long Weekend! I didn't have plans to go anywhere but I went to a wedding on Saturday which was pretty fun. 

On the Holiday Monday my sister and I decided to go to the Glenbow Museum here in Calgary. It was a great time. They had a couple new visiting exhibits, plus I don't think I'd ever been there before. 


We also went to eat lunch and got to eat outside! It was a bit chilly with the wind but we were happy to just be outside. Sometimes its so fun to be a tourist in your own city!

The new exhibit at the museum was called "the Painter as Printmaker" - all about how impressionist painters began using different techniques to make prints of their works. So they had a DIY section (possibly aimed at kids..) that we spent about an hour at!! You could draw your picture (backwards) that you wanted on a piece of styrofoam, then roll it with ink and then "print" a number of copies. 



I was pretty stoked about this project and printed 3 copies of this. I was so impressed at how well it worked - including the intricate designs in the corners! This was seriously the coolest thing I've ever done at a museum!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I like the new look and bigger pictures! 2 days until 23!