5.3.10

One selected Day

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade." Great Expectations, Charles Dickens

Just taking a quick break from Olympics posts - I just had a few quick thoughts to share.
I had a pretty busy weekend planned but some of it is being pushed to next weekend. Still, it should be fun - going (finally!) to see Alice in Wonderland tomorrow!! Then doing some shopping for much needed jeans, some QT (quality time that is) with my sister and my friend Mel, and then Oscars on Sunday!!


I was walking outside on my lunch break the past few days in this really cute neighbourhood of Calgary and it really felt like spring was here! The birds were chirping, the chipmunks were chasing each other. We live in a fairly new development and I sometimes forget how different it is to live in a developed area with tress - regular buses, birds, people out walking, shops and activities within walking distance.... needless to say I'm getting very anxious and excited to move to an area like this!!
Here are a few pictures I took of some of the cute houses!


I'm also just really enjoying starting to plan and dream. Now that I'm no longer a student I feel like I can (almost - just need to nail that permanent job first!) start to make moving out plans and travel plans. Its really exciting to not have to think about saving every penny for school (although for the next bit i'm basically still doing that to pay off my student debt...). Anyway, its just a nice feeling :)

and random note - i am just loving movie soundtracks recently. here's some of my faves that i've been listening to non-stop-

-garden state (i feel this was the beginning of good modern soundtracks)
-once
-marie antoinette
-500 days of summer

i want some more - any suggestions? also - i'm hoping the alice in wonderland soundtrack is good. i think it has some potential! I like soundtracks of really random and different sounding songs that would only get paired together for that one purpose - of that movie, but at the same time totally work together. In my opinion, that is what makes a good soundtrack.

3 comments:

Delightfully Tacky said...

Oh, the trip was not spur of the moment. My family planned it back in September, so it's been a long time coming, I just didn't let anyone in the blogging world know I was going.

Jessica said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love the 500 Days of Summer soundtrack!

elena (a.k.a. suzy) said...

i love the garden state soundtrack so much. so good.
nick & norah's infinite playlist has an alright soundtrack. oh. and little miss sunshine.
a movie is only as good as its soundtrack.