21.3.10

I absolutely love...

Have I ever mentioned that I absolutely love - going out for breakfast??  Its my favorite thing to do. I really don't like the waking up part (this morning I was sooo confused by the word "snooze" on my cellphone - "why is my alarm saying that word that so obviously not a word?? who ever heard of snoooooze??") 
But after I'm up, and after we brought my sister to the airport, its wonderful to get that first cup of coffee and decide if you're in a sweet or savoury mood. I love that the mood is a bit subdued (i'm a poet) and but people are generally smiley because non-morning people just aren't up yet. 

Today we checked out a relatively new breakfast joint in Calgary - Overeasy Breakfast. It was fabulous! We were talking to the owner and he said they just opened 5 months ago but I swear - it was so clean in there it could have been opening day. It was so awesomely decorated too with this chalkboard ceiling, textured wallpaper and waterfall faucets. 



I was feeling a bit adventurous so I got the Canadian Eh? eggs benedict - with peameal bacon and maple syrup instead of hollandaise sauce. So delicious.




Because we had to be at the airport so early we were the first ones there at 7 and then afterwards we had time to go to a flea market, come home, have a nap and then go to church! That's the other thing I love about going out for breakfast, when you get home, you've already gone out and done something and its still the morning!
Oh and this is what I picked up at the flea market for $2! Now I just have to wait for the film to go back on sale. But I think it looks sweet in the meantime! This will console me for not being able to buy a Diana camera last week at this store that was offering them with a free lens AND workshop. I don't know if I'll ever get over that one actually...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I recently bought a Polaroid too! At a thrift store. Wish the film wasn't so expensive!