11.2.10

Facing the android's conundrum


Oufits
1. Wore this out dancing - those socks are sparkly socks and I wore black boots over them - this doesn't show the outfit very well but it was a very fun night!
2. Church and Superbowl!
3. First day of work - just changed into these jeans after work
4. A work outfit
5. Work outfit - Thrifted outfit actually. Just got this Teenflo blazer (also in outfit #2) last weekend for $6 and this dress is floor length that I pinned up.

Observations
1. I need more colour in my wardrobe - at least for my work wardrobe! I mean, yah, it's winter - but still!
2. I need to clean my mirror - and think about finding a place other than my dark bedroom to take pictures.

Things are looking good though - a friend of mine is coming to visit this weekend (well also for a basketball tournament) and she is bringing all the tights and belts and other accessories that I left behind accidentally! That will be soo appreciated.

I have some fun things planned for this weekend which will be grand. And Monday's a day off! This week has been pretty chill - getting into the hang of going to work again - BUT I got my first paycheque that was over $100 in a year and a half so that is quite exciting! haha yikes.

I read an interesting article from The New Yorker about commuting. My commute (I drive up to the bus stop, take a bus and then the train and then walk a couple blocks) is about an hour total (each way). I'm enjoying it right now though because I'm already halfway through Great Expectations which I started last week! But yesterday the train was delayed a half an hour which really made me tired for the rest of the evening. In this article it talked about how the average commute time in America is 50 minutes and that some people have up to a 7 hour commute a day!! I can't even imagine. And my commute is only this bad because I live on the edge of the city with my family - ideally I would like to be a short bus ride or a walk away from pretty much everything - work, shopping, friends, and hang out spots. Maybe that is just ideal but I would be willing to have less luxuries to be able to live where I want to live. Anyway, just an interesting thought about commuting and how it affects our quality of life.

How long is your commute?

6 comments:

Ian Elford said...

It's about 1/2 an hour each way.

Jana said...

Yep, like Ian said--a quick walk and one 1/2 hour bus ride away. And if we drive it's only 10 minutes! It's pretty nice.

Jeri's bringing your stuff--that's nice! I hope you two have fun!

Hannah-Leanne said...

You're welcome for the shorts over those tights. Kylie started it too. Yay me.

laurakdh said...

Do you love Great Ex? I hope so. We will get a place closer to everything and then your commute will be less draining. deal.

Mich said...

that's the plan laur!!
yah i'm loving great expectations actually - much more interesting than I assumed it would be

Jessica said...

Cute! #2 is my favorite look!