31.1.10

On the half pipe


So last night we went to more of the Worlds Competitions of snow sports - this time - Snowboarding! I haven't watched much of snowboarding - half-pipe - on TV really, and definitely never in person. We got there early so we could climb up the side of the hill. It was amazing to see them go up each of the sides of this 22 foot halfpipe and then do flips and twists like 10 feet above the sides - soaring right in front of us!!





It was a bit tricky to get a good picture - plus I'm still trying to figure out my new camera let alone in these interesting conditions. For most of the night there wasn't any wind, but it was steadily snowing so the flakes just seemed to be hovering in the sky. This picture doesn't really show what it looks like exactly but I think it looks cool still.


And what else have I been doing?
Keeping a steady supply of these in my pocket at all times to pop into my mouth or hot chocolate.
I think it's one of the greatest feelings in the world to pull out candy from your pocket. haha. I always try to keep a mint or something in my coat pocket for those times of boredom/craving/a perfect moment. Although my friend's mom said once that she thought it was very strange how Caucasians always seem to have a pocketful of candy or sunflower seeds at the most random times. haha our incessant need to snack. She probably saw me. :)

1 comment:

Delightfully Tacky said...

Whoa, that looks so cool! I've never been to a halfpipe competition.

BTW, thanks for the comment, girl.
I commercial fished for two summers as my job.