10.11.09

February will be grand.

I'm in the midst of the craziest part of my semester, currently. And in the midst of it, I had two interviews last week for a job to start in January. I find out at the end of the week if I got it. It would be a good job, I think - an ideal one to start with just out of college.

I also have lots of papers, presentations, portfolios and projects due right around now. But I've gotten so much done in last two days that I thought I would take a second and show this cool installation that I hope to see when I go to Vancouver for the Olympics in February! Getting very excited about that by the way. Can't really believe how soon it is. This blog post tells a little bit about it, but its somewhat unclear. Anyway, these pictures show it still in protective wrap. It just arrived in Vanier Park, Vancouver from China. I'm assuming it will be unveiled in time for the Olympics. Its described as "Seriously jaw-droppingly amazing 90′ long silver sculpture that looks like a giant mercury splash imitating the wings of a gull seen through rain streaked glass."

The artist's name is Jun Ren, whose website appears to not be working. Anyway, this looks cool already, I can't wait to see what it actually looks like!








3 comments:

Ian Elford said...

Now I understand the request to go to Vanier Park. I thought it seemed pretty random. :)

I have never been to Vancouver, so while I've just looked the park up on the map, I have no idea if it's anywhere near where we'll be going. It is near Granville Island, which I've heard lots about, but doesn't seem close to either Vancouver venue.

We really need to figure all this stuff out.

Melissa~ said...

That is amazing!!

Ola Fumilayo said...

These look so vast and a little bit terrifying actually. Wow.