30.9.09

Who has seen the wind?

We have had some extreme weather here recently! Its been so windy we actually have been having a wind warning a couple times! It literally went from being 30 degrees (Celsius) and Summer to around 10 degrees and Autumn.

Funny Story: The other night I was at a friend's house - well they actually live in a trailer (mobile home) and it started to get reeaaally windy. We heard this big bang against the side of the trailer and looked out the window and saw a big sheet of metal rolling down the street! A little freaked out, we opened the side door to see what hit the trailer. Well, it was this long piece of wood that looked like it had hit just above the door and thankfully didn't break the window! But then we discovered what had been damaged! The trailer two doors down's roof had blown off! There was one huge sheet of metal hanging off scraping against their van, and another flapping in the wind. I unfortunately did not get a picture but it was quite amazing. Nobody was hurt, so I can say that it was pretty funny but a little freaky at the same time. That's living on the prairies for ya!


Last night, I went to watch some girls I know play volleyball - I like to pretend I'm sporty when I go to things like this but then someone asks if I played - being tall and all - and I have to admit that i had zero hand-eye coordination as a child and negative interest in playing sports. Now, though, I think I'm getting better and more interested. I thought that was supposed to be reversed..




2 comments:

Mom said...

Glad you guys were OK, Michelle. Thank you, Lord.

Noelle + Kendall said...

cute shoes!

-N + K
www.fanseapants.com