6.7.09

Popping Bubbles

On the weekend I was fortuneate enough to be able to join my family in Canmore at a condo there for a few days. We spent the time swimming, hiking, picnic-ing, reading, hot-tubbing, and some high class tea drinking at the Banff Springs Hotel - one of my dreams is to stay there some day it is so beautiful.
Here are a few of my pics from the weekend!

We hiked up to these beautiful Grassi Lakes - the colour was amazing - I half expected to see a mermaid lounging on the rocks!

This is just one of the beautiful views from our hike. I just love the mountains and love living only an hour away.
The beautiful Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. It was completed in 1888, and used to be only accessed by the Canadian Pacific Railway. Its really beautiful and nestled right in the mountains - absolutely gorgeous!
I got jasmine tea - which was delicious and it came with almond biscotti and a little jar of honey. We ate outside on the patio and watched some people set up for a wedding!
And this is the town of Banff. I'm not a huge fan of the shopping in Banff - I think Canmore actually has some better places. Banff is a bit more touristy but you have to go there still. I'm quite proud of it.

Completely random - saw these pictures by Richard Heeks which I think are breathtaking. I would try to capture this myself but with my camera would probably fail miserably. I think its pretty amazing that these pictures capture that split second - something we can't even see with our own eyes.




1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great pictures!