6.3.09

Architectural fashion

A few weeks ago now I was watching the most recent season of Project Runway. I think that I haven't gotten that channel or something because I don't know why I haven't watched it before! Its so interesting - it shows alot of the background of what goes into designing clothing. I watched the first episode of this season of Project Runway Canada and it seemed to dwell alot more on the drama of the contestants. After seeing two people have to leave the show for "personal reasons" I gave up. But, the American Project Runway is alot more enjoyable. 

My favorite designer from the show is Leanne M. She constructs clothes with such an architectural feel in her designs. Here's some pictures from flickr that I found that are inspiring.

Leanne describes her clothes in this way - " what I do is pretty much feminine, wearable, architectural, and innovative". Here are some pictures of some of her designs from the show. Enlarge and check these out - they're so beautiful! I would love to wear any of these!
I love how different forms of art - fine art, architecture, music, theatre - can be incorporated into fashion. Fashion is a reflection of these things. It makes me want to study these things more as well!

4 comments:

Ian Elford said...

That is fascinating. Architecture has become one of my favourite art forms over the last year and a half or so, and incorporating the design elements into fashion makes a lot of sense. I like it!

The Clothes Horse said...

She was hands down the most amazing on that show. I love the architectural quality and I feel the ocean when I look at these.

ryder said...

architecture in fashion is sometimes just too much

YnR said...

i LOVE her as well!! Her designs were gorgeous on the show!! She also has a blog page and etsy shop (where she doesn't sell anymore but it's fun to see her past sold creations).
blog http://petalsandwaves.blogspot.com/
etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5249055