18.11.08

Postcard from Moscow

This picture just fits in with the story I have from school today.
Today in my International Business class, we watched a short film about the joint venture in the 1980's between Canada and the Soviet Union to open the first McDonald's in Moscow. It was insane to see how excited this made people in Moscow. The restaurant was built to seat 700 people inside plus 200 outside and on the first day they served 30,000 people! 1,000,000 in the first month!! Here's a picture of the first day -

The movie was quite entertaining actually, because it was hosted by none other than Christopher Plummer. He, in his typical overdramatic style talked about how this first McDonald's opened "like a beacon." And that McDonald's was the "icon of western capitalism." It was very amusing.

Anyway, I'm going to bed super early because I'm not feeling well but I just wanted to post this pic of a girl many of you know from Gossip Girl (which I'm not ashamed to admit, I really enjoy), but I'm wondering if any of you recognize her from another movie? Filmed when she was just a wee one?



Any guesses?

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I KNOW!!! is it inspector gaget???

Shauna said...

gadget...

Mich said...

haha nope!

nv said...

that chunky scarf is TO DIE FOR <3