13.1.08

What is Love?

Its been the longest week of my life! I can't believe I've only been back at school for a week. And I've only had the first class of each course. I'm a bit nervous for this semester because its going to be really busy and I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to fulfill my new year's resolutions. I'm taking 5 classes plus a one-credit course. But I'm really excited for my classes and am really looking forward to most of them. I"m in Introduction to Marketing, Human Resource Management, Principles of Leadership and Administration, Introduction to Christian Worldview, Urban Sociology, plus Business Communications. So it will definitely be a lot of work - I've already read a book! (for class tho...)

Anyway, alot has happened this week. My notion of true love has been somewhat crushed. Nothing to do with my personal life but that of a dear friend's. And watching it just makes me wonder if there is such thing as a soul mate or someone that was "made for you" as I used to think. Now it just seems pretty hopeless.

On to some things that I've managed to find time to work on still.

I began working on this before the Christmas break for a Christmas present for a friend of mine. Its a rice heat therapy bag using this tutorial. My first patchwok project. And I LOVED making it.
I also decorated the cover of this journal for another late Christmas present. I saw some similar in a shop in Calgary that were being sold for over $20 and I figured I would just make one. I really need to get some more paper that is better for this kind of thing and better colours of ribbons but it still looked pretty good.

But I just realized that I've made alot of things for other people and haven't kept a thing for myself. I love giving things away but I also would like to have some of my own stuff to work on. But now that Christmas is officialy over I will be able to do that more.

Have a great week!

No comments: