24.1.08

Finished My Book!

I actually finished the book I had started over Christmas Break - Adam Bede by George Eliot. It was quite good and it was really nice to have something to read that was not school-related. I got alot of it read while I've been sick this week. I'm no book critic so I'm not gonna really say much, but that I enjoyed it and really admired Eliot's way of describing her character's and making them come to life. It was quite the controversial story for 1859 when it was published! But it was very realistic, except for the ending which I think was a little too resolved for the severity of what happened in the story. Now I get to tick off another book from my 1001 books to read list. Although i'm still at 1% haha. I guess 1001 is alot...

Oh, and I'm feeling better now. Yesterday too, I was feeling fine and can somewhat talk but not completely - I still have some congestion in my chest- gross!

Last night I watched Finding Neverland. Man, I love Johnny Depp because of his diverse roles. This movie is so cute - it really is beautiful.

Tonight, there is a concert happening here on campus and I'll probably go to a bit of that and work on some homework as usual.

3 comments:

Ian Elford said...

I really enjoyed Finding Neverland. Sounds like you're feeling better.

Shauna said...

yay michelle! i'm so glad you're feeling better! and i'm glad that you finished the book! i finished my book too! I loved Finding Neverland...that was a good movie.

Shannon said...

Michelle, glad to hear you are recovering. Send me an e-mail at reikibyshannon@yahoo.com and let me know the address to send your present from my giveaway. Thanks! Hope you continue to feel better!