22.1.08

Bad Day

Today was not so great. My third day of being sick - which includes not talking! Today I could not even whisper. You really do appreciate what you have when its taken away from you. I haven't been able to talk to anyone really for three days. That is really hard for me, because I love spending time with friends. But when I can't talk, I guess people don't really want to hang out with me, which makes sense I guess. Today someone thought I was ignoring them and was offended - this made me feel awful because I would never intetionally hurt someone like that. Its especially hard because I live in a public setting - in the dorms at school, and I eat in the caf for meals. After supper, I was pretty upset and feeling sorry for myself, and my sister called. I could barely whisper loud enough to tell her I couldn't talk. I was SO glad she called but how bad does that make you feel to not even be able to talk on the phone, or hold a conversation over dinner, or meet someone new that's standing awkwardly next to you. Not being able to talk is getting really frustrating...

2 comments:

Shauna said...

aww michelle!!! don't feel bad about our phone conversation...it was my fault. but that sucks so much michelle! get better! i love you!!

Ian Elford said...

Wow, that sucks! I hope you're feeling better soon. Jana's been sick the last couple days, too.