16.8.07

An Exciting Story

This is my way of saying a public thank you to "the man in the blue suit jacket."
Yesterday I was taking the train home from work, and was sitting on a bench and reading my book. A man was standing on the end of the train behind the plexiglass poster thing, so I couldn't see him. He was talking on his cell phone and was getting into a fairly heated discussion about something or other. It started to get quite loud and finally he slammed his phone shut. I was glad that we wouldn't have to listen to taht anymore. A couple stops later however, he got on the phone again. I believe he was talking to his wife. After some quiet heated discussion, it got so loud that i had to stop reading and just look up in disbelief. He was swearing and almost yelling and saying "SHUT UP! I JUST WANT YOU TO SHUT UP FOR A MINUTE!!!" Then all of a sudden the man in the blue suit jacket who was sitting in front of me, who I think had seen my look of disgust, jumped up and told the man "You need to make your private conversation a private conversation." The phone guy was not happy about this. He started swearing at blue suit guy and telling him to take a hike and get out of his face. But blue suit guy (who did not look like your typical hero) stood his ground and said that we didn't have to listen to him. The phone guy started telling his wife about the "moron on the train." I just looked out the window, wanting to cry and puke at the same time, praying that phone guy wouldn't punch blue suit guy or something. While this happened the train was stopped for some reason, which added to the mounting tension. As the train started to go the man continued talking but not as loud or as rudely. He was still very upset with blue suit guy. As we got off the train phone guy yelled "A**Hole!!" I felt so bad for blue suit guy because he was doing the right thing for sure, but this jerk made him feel like the idiot. I didn't get a chance to say thank you to blue suit guy so here it is - Blue Suit guy - you did the right thing and i thank you for standing up to that man. Don't back down!

No comments: